IKM Adaptive Methodology provides the foundation for IKM’s flagship products, IKM TeckChek™, IKM ProjectManagement™, and IKM SalesChek™.
Serving as a platform for any assessment or certification program to be developed and maintained, IKM Adaptive Methodology is the gold standard in the industry, allowing you to produce the most detailed level of results in the shortest possible time.
Going beyond computer adaptive testing (CAT), IKM Adaptive Methodology utlizes powerful algorithms, scoring, weighting and scheduling that provide a detailed Proficiency Profile™ to determine:
- Necessary Knowledge
- Practical Experience
- Work Speed
- Strengths and Weaknesses
Adaptive Testing: The question and difficulty level is dynamically selected based on the assessment-taker’s previous responses. This eliminates questions that are too easy or too difficult.
- No time wasted on questions not suitable for the assessment-taker
- Assessment-takers continually challenged by questions at their demonstrated knowledge level
- Quicker assessments are less disruptive to employer, employee and candidates
Sub-Topic Assessment: Unlike other assessment solutions, IKM applies its Adaptive Testing into 12-18 sub-topics. By adapting independently within sub-topics, the knowledge in one sub-topic does not impact the difficulty level of questions in other sub-topics. This allows each sub-topic to be independently evaluated.
- Most accurate way to identify strengths, weaknesses or proficiency at job task level
- Most reliable assessment method for Employment Screening, Employee Testing, Training Assessments and Certifications
Multiple Correct Response: With Multiple Correct Responses each question has five possible answers, of which up to three can be correct – totaling 25 different answer combinations. The assessment-taker can demonstrate different levels of knowledge about the question topic as each answer combination has its own point value. Unlike traditional assessments where one correct answer typically provides the result (correct or incorrect), IKM’s Multiple Correct Responses provides a very detailed level of feedback on each question, ensuring the most reliable view of proficiency. With Multiple Correct Responses it is possible to generate a comprehensive profile of Strengths and Weaknesses.
- Enables independent and objective evaluation of strengths and weaknesses
- Increases accuracy and reliability of test results
- Improves usability
Weighted Questions: In an adaptive assessment, the number of correctly answered questions is not nearly as important as the difficulty and relevance of those questions. For this reason, all IKM Adaptive Methodology questions are weighted based on difficulty and importance.
- Assures relevance of results
Weighted Answers: Every answer is weighted for accuracy. Extreme incorrect answers will lose substantial credit, while slightly incorrect answers may not lose as much credit when partial understanding is demonstrated.
- Provides greater insight into knowledge levels than a simple correct / incorrect assessment
- Provides greater scope to demonstrate knowledge
- Eliminates influence of guessing
Percentile Rankings: Allows an individual to be compared to the assessment-taking population. A score in the 60th percentile means that the score is higher than 60% of all scores in that assessment.
- Provides a benchmark for individual comparison
- Offers insight into market level of competencies
Join other clients and use IKM's skills tests to improve your bottom line:
- Reduce hiring time and costs
- Improve training ROI
- Maximize productivity of your project teams
- Improve skill-gap analysis workforce planning
- Optimize career development
- Reduce staff attrition
- Improve corporate standards